Dr Muhammad Wakil Shahzad
Associate Professor in the Department of Mechanical and Construction Engineering
What area does your research focus on?
My research is focused on renewable energy, water treatment, heating/cooling and life cycle costing. I also received Innovate UK ICURe entrepreneurship lead trainings. I developed sustainable water and cooling production systems. These technologies will be commercialised through EcoTec69 Limited, a spinout from Northumbria University.
What are the other key aspects of your role?
I am a head of the subject of mechanical engineering and automotive engineering, thermodynamics module leader, as well as provide dissertation supervision and guest lectures across the energy and system engineering UG and PG courses. I am also a STEM ambassador and IMechE liaison officer at Northumbria University.
What do you like to do outside of work?
Outside of work I enjoy reading and spending time with my family. I particularly like travelling and exploring the world.
What do you think you could particularly offer mentoring support with?
- I can offer mentoring support and guidance on a wide range of topics, including but not limited to only my core area.
- I can help with analytical thinking, critical problem-solving, and decision-making in various contexts.
- I can assist in fostering creativity, brainstorming ideas, and overcoming creative blocks.
- I can assist with improving writing skills, providing feedback on written work, and offering tips on effective communication.
- I can offer guidance on personal growth, setting and achieving goals, time management, and improving productivity.