Dr Oto-obong Inyang
Assistant Professor in the Department of Physics
What area does your research focus on?
Currently, my focus has been on pedagogy research in Physics/STEM education on student research experience and engagement with feedback. In addition, I’m involved in developing supporting teaching materials using simulators to support student learning. I also, have 7 years research experience in Nanomagnetism and Spintronics. In addition, I have about 2 years work experience with industrial partners.
What are the other key aspects of your role?
I led the research led investigation section of the Laboratory skills and Electronics module in Physics. I also facilitate workshops and tutorials sessions. As I am interested in pedagogic research, I facilitate the Physics Education and Scholarship section seminars.
What do you like to do outside of work?
Outside of work, I enjoy visiting historic sites, cooking and playing board games with friends and family.
What do you think you could particularly offer mentoring support with?
- Provide academic, social, and career guidance that is invaluable, informed by experience.
- Developing your research journey and story
- Guidance on how to navigate the job market
- Creating a niche despite being a minority
- Support in building collaboration and grant applications